Who Are You and Why Are You Emailing Me?



This is a common question I ask myself several times a week.  While I have met many new faces in the district, there are still several of you that I haven't yet met.  So, when I get a request for help and the only identifying information is the person's name, I need a little more information.  Where are you located?  What department do you work in?  What age are your students? Are you a teacher, paraprofessional, secretary, or something else entirely?

Now imagine you are a parent, particularly one with multiple children.  Now imagine they're all in middle or high school and they have several teachers at the same time.  You send an email saying they did a great job on a test, or maybe that you're concerned about their grade.  But they have no idea what class you teach because they can't keep all their kids' teachers straight.

A solution?  Create an email signature!  It's an easy way for anyone receiving your email to know who you are and what you do.  It takes just a couple of minutes - see below!


No comments:

Post a Comment